There are only two types of people in the world. Those who sleep in absolute silence and those who need noise. If you put me in the middle of Manhattan and the windows were open, I would have no problem falling asleep. Secluded cabin in the woods? No thank you...I stay awake waiting for a noise.
This past week, Michael has been battling a cold and we've not been able to run our fan at night. The silence is oppressive. That is until 4:30 AM...
Just to back up for a moment, we have pets. A lot. 3 dogs and a cat. Everyone has their own bed in our bedroom, but usually 1 or 2 are in bed with us on any given night.
Back to 4:30...the time when all dogs must wake up and proceed to lick every part of their body. Loudly. Anything done at 4:30 in the morning is loud.
Last night the ritual began. First with the dog on the bed. *Lick, lick, lick, lick..." I kicked him. He stopped, but the dog on the floor on my side picked right up where he left off, "lick, lick, lick..." I was able to whack her in the head to stop. But then the dog on the other side of the bed took up the cause, "lick, lick, lick, lick, lick..." she may or may not have been hit with a launched pillow.
By this point my blood was boiling. So I got out of bed and set up shop on the couch and turned on the living room fan-but not before locking the dogs in the bedroom with Michael. Ha ha! I am victorious!
I set my head down and began to drift off listening to the droning ceiling fan when the cat came over, sat next to my head on the pillow and began to give himself a bath.
I got up and made some coffee.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment