Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Sickness Runs Deep

One downside (and there are only a handful) of working from home is every time I leave the house and mingle amongst the masses of peasants general population, I end up sick. Flying to New York for Easter did not prove an exception to this rule. So now I have a roaring fever, can't breath and there's an army of elves mining for gold in my head. Boy are they going to be disappointed.

Because I'm a freak and completely insane, rather than go out and buy some soup or sit and moan on the couch until soup magically appears, I remember this. The home-made stock I made last week.

And then I obsess.

In between working, blowing my nose, working, moaning and working, I begin to hatch a plan. I had the ingredients on hand for a Pozole knock-off. And for only having half the ingredients and being on death's door, I think it came out pretty well.

Saute 2 sliced cloves of garlic and 1 jalapeno (good for clearing out the sinuses). Add as much chicken broth as you need for a hearty bowl of soup and bring to a boil.

While that happens, in your final serving bowl chop up half an avocado, 1 small tomato, 1 small bunch of cilantro and dress with sherry vinegar and salt.

Once your broth is boiling, add 2 oz. of pasta and cook to the done-ness you like.

When that's done, pour soup over the avocado-tomato mixture and enjoy!

No, I don't have pictures...I'm sick for pete's sake.

No comments: