Monday, April 12, 2010

A Conglomerate of Updates

You might notice a Sunday Dinner with the Dezso's post is lacking. Never fear! Here you go: Michael ate peanut butter and jelly with potato chips and I ate a cucumber. I apologize for the lack of photographs to accompany this four star event.

So shoot me. I had the plague this past week and we welcomed a new addition to the family:
Meet Bear. He's our foster child right now. We'll be finding him a happy home one day; which we hope is soon because he takes up the majority of ours (he's a Great Pyrenees). In the meantime, he's our personal Michael Oher.

For those of you keeping score at home, there's Baxter:

Ginger:

Edison:

And, now, Bear:

But enough about our zoo. Guess what time of year it is kids???

FARMERS' MARKET SEASON! Yea!!!!! Check your local listings and see when yours kicks it back into gear. Most of our local ones started last week, but I missed opening day since I had to bring Bear to meet a new family, which incidentally was on a farm. (No, it wasn't a good fit. Yes, I cried on the way home. First because I didn't want to give up my new baby. Then because I was mad at the people for not thinking he was good enough. I know, typical woman.)

I'll celebrate Farmers' Market season this week instead by hopefully hosting a Saturday night or Sunday night edition of Dinner with the Dezsos with bunches of goodies from the market.

Need compelling reasons to buy your food from the Farmers' Market, aside from delicious tasting, fresh, local food which supports your community? Then boy are you in luck! Check it:

7 Reasons to Eat and Cook from the Farmers' Market

Still not convinced? Shaazaam:

Eating in Season: A Recipe for Life (byline: If you could do just one thing for your health, says this doctor, it would be to make seasonal, farm-fresh produce the center of your diet)

Celebrate and hit up the Farmers' Market this week or weekend!

No comments: