Catchy post title, right? I started with "Contaminated: Toxic Food" and felt I was maybe getting a little dramatic and carried away...a little...so I dialed it back.
Lately, I've subscribed to a number of news-y things (I don't know what to call them being the technology idiot I am) and have received a ton of information I wanted to pass along.
The 12 Most Pesticide-Laden Fruits and Veggies
6 Fish to Eat; and 6 to Avoid (in Eating Well Magazine, this month's issue is a must-own!)
Paper or Plastic: Which Should You Ask For?
The Obligatory Chicken Article: Just Find a Pastured Bird or Stop Eating Chicken! (I may have made up the title for that one)
Lots of good information on things we've been talking about here and it's laid out better than I can do. Enjoy!
As an aside. Last night, Michael and I went out to one our favorite in-town joints, Rosebud. If you're in Atlanta you should stop reading and get thee to the Highlands and order you some fried chicken or maybe some shrimp and grits or perhaps Berkshire pork raviolis are more your style. Either way, get there. It's a local, sustainable menu and delectable. Every bite.
Michael and I had the chance to chat with Chef Eyester last night. We discussed the awesomeness of sustainable eating and the local food revolution. It was fabulous to hear not only how inspired chefs are to cook this way, but that they also go around policing the other chefs who claim to be local and sustainable. I had images of chefs in their whites heading out with fedoras and sunglasses taking photos of asparagus in December on the sly, but apparently that's not exactly how it works.
Do you have any idea how great this job would be for me? I totally thrive on telling people they're doing it the wrong way. Not because I'm a condescending bitch (sorry for the cussing Mom. I couldn't think of a better word), but because I LOVE rules. Rules are what prevent the Earth from spinning off course and crashing into the sun in a fiery explosion. I know because I took very explicit notes in Earth Science class.
Rules=happy babies and puppies. No rules=fiery death.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment