Because I care and I'm a giver: a link to finding a CSA in your neighborhood.
Now you have no excuse. Just click CSA, type in your zip code and voila! And since you're there, you may as well check out the farms, farmers' markets, restaurants and...well...I've just made my own blog obsolete.
Look for vegetable CSAs, meat CSAs (these typically include dairy), a combo CSA (like the one we use). I totally recommend going the combo route if it's available. The fewer places you are sourcing your food from, the more likely you will stick with the program.
Now I want to be upfront about our CSA, it's not a conventional CSA and does in fact offer things that are not local (but we opt to not order the apples from Washington state). It is a co-op that brings together a bunch of regional farms and acts almost like a storefront. But it turns out after my weeks of research on local farms, my CSA was home to the majority of the farms (vegetable, meat and dairy) we would have sourced from anyway...bonus!
There. Another big, dirty lie off my chest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good news from New York. Inspired by your commitment to local and sustainable food sources, I found a local Long Island vodka. It's a start.
Love that! Alcohol ended up being an easy switch for us. Turns out there are a ton of local wineries in Georgia. Who knew?!
It's all about taking steps. Can't believe there's a vodka distiller in Long Island. I'll have to pick some up next time I'm home.
Post a Comment